Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ant colony - the superorganism part 2

My hypothesis is -->
the ant colony practises intelligence inheritence, whereby ants learn their skills and ability.

I'm not saying that they have a school for ants. They basically learn from observation of other ants. Ever since their birth, their individual role in the colony is determined. If you noticed, when a group of ants went hunting for food, the hunt is led by an ant I call, the scavenger. It will always leave a chemical trail, noticeable only to ants. This results to the 'follow the leader' learning. Same goes when building an ant hive. Ants communicate and work as a team to gather material and build homes out of scrap. This is 'industrial training'. From here, you notice that their learning system are very much alike with humans.

To me, such intelligence cannot be based on mere instinct. Although I can't prove it via experimental or scientific research, I believe it is intelligence inheritence.

No comments: